News from the Texas Motorcycle Safety Coalition Meeting held on Thursday, November 14, 2019. Applications being accepted through the end of November.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (Department) announces vacancies on the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board (Board) established by the Transportation Code, Chapter 662.001. The purpose of the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Board is to advise the Texas Commission on Licensing and Regulation and the Department on rules and educational and technical matters relevant to the administration of this chapter.
The Board consists of nine members appointed by the presiding officer of the commission, with the approval of the commission. The advisory board consists of the following members:
(1) three members: (a) each of whom must be a licensed instructor or represent a licensed motorcycle school; (b) who must collectively represent the diversity in size and type of the motorcycle schools licensed under this chapter;
(2) one member who represents the motorcycle dealer retail industry;
(3) one representative of a law enforcement agency;
(4) one representative of the Texas A&M Transportation Institute;
(5) one representative of the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service; and
(6) two public members who hold a valid Class M driver’s license issued under Chapter 521;
Members serve staggered six-year terms. The terms of three members expire September 1 of each odd-numbered year. The presiding officer of the commission, on approval of the commission, shall designate a member of the advisory board to serve as the presiding officer of the advisory board for a one-year term. The presiding officer of the advisory board may vote on any matter before the advisory board.
The advisory board shall meet at the call of the executive director or the presiding officer of the commission. An advisory board member may not receive compensation for service on the advisory board but is entitled to reimbursement for actual and necessary expenses incurred in performing the functions as a member of the advisory board, subject to the General Appropriations Act.
Interested persons should submit an application on the Department website. Applicants can also request an application from the Department by telephone (800) 803-9202, fax (512) 475-2874 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Issued in Austin, Texas on October 11, 2019.
Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation